FIFA released a nice booklet with a lot of data in it regarding technical, tactical, physyical aspect about the recent World Cup tournament.
As everybody who works in this area I was curious to see the data and the profile of the Champions.
It was really suprisning to find out that they run less than the media or that the distances become more and more small in football. Practically you don’t play anymore on 100/65m, you play on 25/30m. Thats why sometimes the game becomes boring.
THE PROFILE OF THE CHAMPIONS – A pattern to follow?
- Posession 48% – conceded posession
- Goal scored 71% – inside the box
- Shots 12/6 on target – medium number
- Baricentre of team 40m – 28/40m offensive block
- Baricentre of team 34m – 24/32m defensive block
- Accuracy of passsing 83% – solid passing
- Distances walk/run – 100,953 with 4 km less than media of tournament
- Distances in full speed – 316 m all the team
SPAIN STILL DOMINATES FOOTBALL
- Spain dominate games using posession 65%, passing accuracy 92%
- Spain most incisive team zone 3-4, 90 entries
- Germany more amplitude, crosses 46
- Spain more vertical, crosses 29
- Belgium 15/15 goals open play, England 9 goals Set Play
- Spain De Gea less solicitated Gk, posible best pressing and closing channels Hierro team