One of the most important thing in match-analyst life is not your work. Pretty shocking, right? Life is somethimes a little unfair…
I strongly belive that the communication of your analyst work is far more important than what you film, tag, write in scouting reports.
Thats why you have to focus a lot on your PERSONAL SKILLS and SELF DEVELOPMENT more than even now. Why?
Time is short between two games, the job of a coach is stressing and is very complex, evertything is happening in full speed. You have to give the shortest but the most complex answer yo your coach. Think about a quote that a big german coach told me one time: “ONE MINUTE COACHING”.
Some ideas for you, my experience regarding half time analysis and daily activity
- You have to present the situation very clear and to give a solution
- Everything must be filtered in function on the score at halftime and to give relevant informations.
- You have to thing about and to see the emotional situation of a coach -> be carefull how your coach is speaking and his body language
- Adapt your attitude and message to this and take responsability
How you present your work?
- The informations must be cristal clear
- Is very important to give solution and to present more solution than mistakes(be positive)
- Try to divide the informations in two: primordial and secondary
- Try not to lose yourself in small details, dont give wrong information is better than to give informations
- Negative examples discussed in the office after games/trainings only with the head coachh
Think about it…and if you have something to tell let me you opinion! I am looking to hear you.